Full time position
The qualified candidate will be a member of a Social Edge Consulting engagement team working with our clients on the implementation of their social collaboration community (both internal and external community). You will help define their communication and marketing plans, design and populate their community based on our best practices. You will also enable the client to become self-sufficient through job shadowing, formal and informal training.
What this means @Social Edge Consulting
Social Edge assists our clients in their collaboration journey. As a Community Manager, the qualified candidate will be a key team member on each client engagement. The team typically consists of additional team members from Social Edge with the right mix of skills in social strategy, technology and community management. With a small team, all team members are hands on contributors to the client’s successful implementation. The community manager will have primary responsibility within a number of areas including end user training, management of content creation, design and creation of places.
- Provide guidance to our clients regarding social collaboration.
- Build-upon our strategy to assist the client in positioning the community to meet their business needs. Including facilitating client training, communication planning, content creation, and client enablement.
- Ability to provide “text book” approach to implementations along with real life “business stories” to articulate use cases to client.
- Experience with social collaboration implementation preferably with Jive Software. Both internal and external communities are in play for this role.
- Experience and curiosity with Social Media, direction of industry, new apps/tools in the marketplace.
- Thought-leadership in social media and collaboration concepts in a business setting.
- Ability to apply social tools to business needs through facilitation, 1-1 or small group interviews
- Experience with Jive Admin Console, Jive support portal
- Experience with Jive modules (SharePoint, Ideation, mobile, office/outlook connect)
- Experience with Jive 6.0 through current release
- Vertical Industry understanding will be leveraged (financial services, telecom, publishing, pharma, etc…) but not required.
- Additional languages spoken/written may be leverage depending on client opportunities (but not required)
- Occasional/concentrated travel is likely to be required (e.g. 2-3 days at the start of project at client location is typical). The remaining work will be at either a Social Edge office (within 60 min of home) or remote, at your home.
Personality for Position
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a variety of clients, Jive and Social Edge team members.
- Comfortable in public speaking (both formal/ad hoc), facilitation and demonstrating thought leadership verbally and in writing.
- Desire to be helpful to clients, have enormous patience to explain, demonstrate, answer questions, listen, provide expertise, …. rinse and repeat.
- Strong work ethic and self motivation - we are a distributed team throughout the country, and each team member works remotely from their home.
- Ability to have fun while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (Technology, communications, marketing, digital design, social media etc..)
- External social media experience desired but not required
Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org