The Content Writer is a key member of the marketing team and is responsible for creating thoughtful and engaging original written content on topics related to internal and external collaboration. Their top duties include creative writing, business writing, interviewing, and maintaining strong research and analytical skills. The Content Writer will create unique, relevant, thought-provoking, and compelling content to engage readers at all stages of the buyer’s journey across digital platforms. In addition, they will be responsible for developing and managing a content calendar that supports inbound marketing. They will both write from briefs as well as generate original content based on their knowledge of the business, our partners and the collaboration landscape. The content writer will work cross functionally with marketing, business development, other internal groups and the partner channel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Generate ideas for content that is relevant to the organization or project.
- Create a content calendar and maintain all content, identifying aged content, making modifications, and updating the calendar based on business need and opportunities that arise
- Write various content types: white papers, blogs, guides, thought leadership pieces, toolkits, templates, social media posts, video scripts, marketing emails, product marketing, case studies, testimonials and more
- Create engaging content that demonstrates knowledge of the community space
- Track and measure content performance, understanding what content and keywords perform, continuously improving content to draw greater traffic
- Fact-checking, interviewing sources (customers and partners)
- Content editing, ensuring content reflects brand guidelines, is free of spelling errors and is grammatically correct
- Writing press releases
- Portfolio of business writing that demonstrates versatility to write for different channels and audiences
- Experience and knowledge in the online community space
- Intermediate experience in SEO
- Intermediate knowledge of google analytics
- Knowledge of CRO
- Knowledge of internal (intranet) and external (customer facing) community and collaboration platforms such as Igloo, LumApps, Verint, Salesforce, Microsoft, Unily, Jive
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Degree in English, communications, PR or related field
- 5+ years experience
How to Apply: Please send your resume and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.