Tech Migration Resource
Part time position
As a member of the Social Edge Consulting Technology team you will report to the VP of Technology and receive guidance from the development team and other senior staff. Your primary task will be to work with clients on migration projects, where you will migrate data from one community platform (source) to another community platform (target).
This role requires strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot, analyze and rectify technical hurdles in a manner that ensures customer success and platform stability. Strong communication skills are desired, as most client-facing meetings will take place on web conferencing sessions. Additionally, the Migration Engineer needs to be detail-oriented, as they will be responsible for documenting all processes and configurations for each client engagement.
Prior to starting client engagements, you will receive training from the SE Technology team on all applicable integrations. The SE Technology team will work with you to understand established best practices and common impediments from other migration projects. Future experience will be reflected back into the implementation process for continuous improvement. Client engagements will be successful with your project execution, supported by the SE Technology team.
About Social Edge Consulting
Formed in 2012, we are a dedicated team of social business experts who live what we teach, and use collaboration software to connect - with our partners, our clients and each other - every day. Our mission is to empower people, create community and reinvent business. We help businesses at any stage of their social journey, and develop a customized road map to success and growth. Our services range from overseeing a full scale interactive intranet or customer community implementation to strategy, community management, and custom development. Our creative team works closely with clients to design a UI that fosters member engagement and supports business objectives. We strive to help our clients embrace the transformations brought by digital collaboration tools. Working together, Social Edge will empower your company to be a leader in its industry.
The work includes the project participation, coordination, configuration, execution and testing of the following:
- Client Migration Projects - migration of content from client's source community to target community
- Migration Planning - run initial scripts to generate migration worksheets for SE Strategy team and Client contact
- Configuration - use existing source code to assemble a scripting plan for client migration
- Execution - run initial, incremental and final migrations from client's source to target community
- Testing - provide test results of migration to validate migration and ensure quality
- Manage Migration Components - contribute and manage source code repositories for platform-specific components
- Experience in Software Development integration with third-party APIs
- Proven experience with end-to-end, long-running migration execution
- Experience with collaboration platforms a bonus: Jive Software, Verint Community, Igloo Software, Salesforce, LumApps
- Experience working in an Enterprise IT environment or regulated industry experience a plus (e.g. Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
- REST and Native APIS - experience with authentication, execution (unit and batch) and testing of commercial-grade APIs
- Java / Groovy
- Database / SQL
- JSON / XML data formats
- Source Code Management with Bitbucket, Github or similar
- Linux command-line experience
- Bachelors degree in relevant computer technology or systems engineering discipline
- 3-5 years in a software development or system engineering role
- No geographic work location is required. All work is remote
- Professional days with core working hours of 9AM-5PM
- No significant travel is required
Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org